The Cathedral Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Lincoln, or St. Mary‘s Cathedral, is a historic Anglican cathedral in Lincoln, England, and seat of the Bishop of Lincoln in the Church of England. With its 160 meter high tower, it was reputedly the tallest building in the world for 249 years (1300–1549). Lincoln Cathedral features two major rose windows, which are rare features in medieval English architecture. On the north side of the cathedral there is the “Dean’s Eye” which survives from the original structure of the building, and on the south side there is the “Bishop’s Eye” which was most likely rebuilt circa 1325-1350. The cathedral was used for the filming of The Da Vinci Code (based on the book of the same name). Filming took place mainly within the cloisters and chapter house of the cathedral, and remained a closed set.
|Size:||50 x 66.5cm
19.75″ x 26.25″